Joe Barthlow

New project TV175

Just picked this up in Seattle. it's a '63. Looks low mileage but in need of a paint job and motor rebuild. Hopefully I'll have it on the road this Spring. Thanks Ryan for the assist! 

11015499146_5015886a28_c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

Change the oils seals, piston rings, clutch plates, and condensor, cables, and maybe the electrical harness.

Get it running and drive it a is.... It looks just fine.

• Upvote 1

Change the oils seals, piston rings, clutch plates, and condensor, cables, and maybe the electrical harness.

Get it running and drive it a is.... It looks just fine.

actually much of it is covered in rattle can, but everything is straight and fairly rust free

Nice score on that  looks very straight.

Repainting the stock colors?

Good luck with that.

Pete

I'll hit it with stock white. I got a good color match on my LI I painted a few months ago. It's not obvious in the photos, but there is a lot of rattle can on it

I'll hit it with stock white. I got a good color match on my LI I painted a few months ago. It's not obvious in the photos, but there is a lot of rattle can on it

Great score, Joe - congrats!

Could you possibly strip the rattle can down to the original paint underneath? I've seen this (and done this) before, and it's always cool to save an OG bike.. 

• Upvote 1

Joe, I removed some of the spray. It comes off really easy. I might hit the entire bike with a good power-washer, then some solvents to remove the rest. A good deal of that white is the original paint.

• Upvote 2

Great score, Joe - congrats!

Could you possibly strip the rattle can down to the original paint underneath? I've seen this (and done this) before, and it's always cool to save an OG bike.. 

i've seen it done with success. we'll see...

It's not that hard to remove the rattle can!

Long live the OG!

Good luck and please post up some progress pics!

3-1/2 years later, I have progress to report! Yes, I have committed the immortal sin of placing one project in front of another! Motor underway too. Assembly begins soon!

IMG_2397.JPG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 2:11 AM, Joe Barthlow said:

3-1/2 years later, I have progress to report! Yes, I have committed the immortal sin of placing one project in front of another! Motor underway too. Assembly begins soon!

IMG_2397.JPG

bout time hippie ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1