Lambrettayeroc

Arrows at side of each post instead of LIKE

The arrows have replaced the "thumbs up" system we had before. Now every member can vote for or against a post as being helpful or harmful.  

I always felt that having only a thumbs up created some kind of mock utopia where everyone pretends everything is always great. That saying someone's post was bad or in poor taste was somehow going to make the black suv's show up at their house and put them into a "rehab" center to reprogram them so they get with the program.

My hope is that if someone is constantly receiving negative votes, they will be introspective and look at themselves and their posts to see why.

I turned it off for admins because we sometimes have to do things that might not always be liked by one member or another. If one of us has to reprimand a member, they could easily negatively vote on anything and everything we post. Basically it's to protect us from being afraid of doing what is right out of fear of retribution.

What if a post is edited by the poster and now you don't like it? Before, you could remove the"like" vote. It appears now you can't.

Doesn't work with the mobile version, it has to be on the desktop version.

Then most people won't see this feature... or at least the ones not goofing off at work.

My hope is that if someone is constantly receiving negative votes, they will be introspective and look at themselves and their posts to see why.

I thought that's what the constant ridicule was for?

Seriously though, good job.

• Upvote 1