scootermarc69

Lack of availability of stuff I can't afford anyway.

Just a general observation that in the golden age of Lambretta drool much of what I'd like is unavailable. It just exists as a photo and description on the internet, mocking me as sold out. For example..

1. I would like a standard compression height  race tour first over piston. NOPE.

2. My Indian modified fork links look sketchy enough to consider those sweet MB links. SOLD OUT.

3. Those PM made GP forks to replace my questionable Indian fork. NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE.

I feel like I missed the boat. :(

Weird, I swear those links were listed as "special order" at SCK and out of stock at MB. I think I'll grab them. What about progressive springs? For use with standardish(read inexpensive) dampers? SCK write up on those Scomadi forks just turned me off of those. I'll make the ones I have work.

Progressive springs are nice. I have them with cheap dampers on El Toro and although it's not the softest ride, it handles the corners better than all my other lammies.

• Upvote 2

I agree. Although my experience is nill with the spendy dampers, i too have progressive with cheap jet200 skinny dampers. 

I love it.

My riverside is standard springs with skinny dampers and i like the jet ride much much better.

So much that i have a set of progressives on standby for the riverside.

For what its worth, i like the weld on uppers over the  bolt on uppers. I dont know why but i do.

• Upvote 2

You could always get hold of used original parts ;) , probably will fit better anyway.

The MB links are highly rated. My friend here bought a set and had no problems fitting them. According to the MB website, "They are based on a perfect set of Italian GP links but we have altered them slightly to improve the ride height and stop the front dampers fouling on some hydraulic conversions."

So if you want a completely unaltered front setup, then buy a used set. Otherwise, get these.

I have a pair of drum links that MB converted. I bought these before he came out with his own links. I think a lot of MB's products are because of the amount of labor it took to do conversions like my set.

• Upvote 1

Ditto on the progressive springs. Make sure they are the MB ones, which are three stage progressive. I have a set of dual rate springs in my GP200 and the ride was quite stiff. I'll be rebuilding those forks with MB springs.

• Upvote 1