strangewhispering

Series 1/2 clubman exhaust bashed?

I think that dent is intentional. Once you mount it up you'll see what I mean. If the dent wasn't there the cylinder shroud bolt head would hit the pipe.

My BGM and my casa don't have the dent but others do. It all depends on who makes the exhaust and whether or not they took actually fitting it into account.

• Upvote 3

Yes, I have 3 of them, two came with the dent (later ones), it does in-fact give clearance for the cylinder cowl top bolt head. P.S I love em, great sound and performance from a cosmetically original looking unit. Depending on your top end, you can gain an extra 800 RPM by removing or dramatically shortening the cigar tail pipe. I left the Wife's Series 1 full length (so that I can keep up with her)!

• Upvote 3

One other great point that a lot of people fail to notice about this pipe is that Casa slightly altered the profile of the header, this means that it can be fully fitted to the cylinder and then the cowling fitted afterwards. :wub:  

I noticed that too! Brilliant. I had to double check my tin for a rip when I was dry fitting. Could not believe it. It's tight but totally true.

• Upvote 1

In terms of performance how do you think it stacks up with the earlier version s2 big bore? Same? I did have to hog out the manifold a bit to match... I'll post pics in a bit.

One of the one great things anyone can do for performance is opening the header flange and matching walls of the port. Nice DC!

In terms of performance how do you think it stacks up with the earlier version s2 big bore? Same? I did have to hog out the manifold a bit to match... I'll post pics in a bit.

I think this version gives a little more in the bottom end torque wise, due to the slightly modified cone, but apart from that they are about the same.

I have one that I picked up last time I was at RLC and it has the dent. As a side note, the build quality looks much better than the standard S2 and S3 Casa exhausts--though that wouldn't be hard.  

• Upvote 1