starreem

Missing posts on old forum

Yea, I know this is for site help here, but...

I went looking for something on the old forum and noticed the "General Chatter" over there has a 2.5 year gap of missing posts between June 3, 2010 and December 24, 2012. That seems to be the only forum with the gapping hole of missing posts. Is there a back up? There was some useful info there.

Yea, I know this is for site help here, but...

I went looking for something on the old forum and noticed the "General Chatter" over there has a 2.5 year gap of missing posts between June 3, 2010 and December 24, 2012. That seems to be the only forum with the gapping hole of missing posts. Is there a back up? There was some useful info there.

Nothing is deleted. A huge chunk of it got moved to the admin side in an attempt to transfer it to the new forum. Then people got busy, lost interest, developed panic attacks at the sheer size of the task ahead and then gave up.

Many attempts were made to reach out to Bill at Scoot.net (who owns the domain and old forum) in order to get the archive files but nothing ever came of it.