corsachili

Return Of A Newbie-Jetting in an iron barrel S3 Li150

Spider-

Thanks for the clarification, the excellent information, and the offer. I may take you up on it. I have the BGM jet kit but the leanest main I have is a 100 and the leanest idle is a 50. I do have the BGM needle jet kit as well. All were purchased from Scooter Speed as part of the 25mm Dell carb conversion kit. If you have idle jets leaner than 50 I would be interested, but I do need to place an order with Mark so it's probably easier for all of us (not least of which is you) to avoid a trip to the PO this time of year.

Ciao!

-tj in los gatos

http://kyajet.de/?lang=en

Bookmark this link and play with it.

Make one small change in your setting and watch how the chart on jetting changes.

Most importantly move the needle clip position one spot and load new chart.

You'll see some strange jetting mixture swings that are not linear

Crazy dark majic some people say

Also if your running a BGM keihin knock off carb I would bin it / sell it right away. Even thought those PWK clone carbs look great they are still copies. I had problems for years with those I tried to setup right.

Then I bought real Keihin 30 and 35mm... night and day.

If your into a real Keihin check Amazon motors Web site. Great deals pop up all the time. Just make sure you buy a performance carb that is a 2 stroke carb and that it's fuel IN is on the correct side of carb so your fuel line doesn't have to bend and get to the far side of its body.

Good luck

Play with that app.....!!

Spider-I'll check the site out....it looks cool. I'm not running a Keihin clone, it's a 25mm Dellorto PHBL. I do love the Keihin 39mm flatslides on my Ducati 900 Supersport though!

Ciao!

-tj in los gatos

That app won't be perfect for your del carb but you'll notice what I mean when you only change the needle clip position from 1st to 2nd to 3rd....ect on that app

• Upvote 1

Honest question and any input welcome, for the sake of just knowing from those who tune more than I, but why are you running a 25mm carb with your setup? Is this a good size for this setup? Just wonder if 22 would get better results or worse.

This is a legitimate question. This recipe (high flow air filter, baffle removed from scoop, Ancillotti 42mm Clubman exhaust, and 25mm carb) was suggested by Mark Ito at Scooter Speed as a good match. I have the original SH1/18 carb, but the modern carbs are easier to set up and tune, and the 25mm part helps match increased fuel and air with the exhaust, air filter, and intake.

I will say that stock the little scoot was almost useless given my location (~1800 feet). With the mild tune from the components listed above she has a little more torque and power, and I can now get up and down the hill in to town safely.

Ciao!

-tj in los gatos

Honest question and any input welcome, for the sake of just knowing from those who tune more than I, but why are you running a 25mm carb with your setup? Is this a good size for this setup? Just wonder if 22 would get better results or worse.

• Upvote 1