theageofindustry

Anyone have a metal lathe?

I need a favor for the raffle scooter.  Essentially I need an aluminum slug for the shifter tube so I can weld on a replacement tube without the weld pushing through to the inside.  It would ideally be a tighter tolerance than the headset tube. I don't have a replacement tube here to measure but if someone is willing to help, I'll get them and pull a measurement for the slug.

I would need a different sized slug for a Series 3 but if I can find someone to make me a two sided slug, I could repair yours for a nominal fee or trade towards the 3 throttle tubes I'll need for the raffle scooter.

I have a myford super 7 metal lathe.

No idea what a slug is though, thought they were found in lettuce!

Ha! The slug I am referring to is just a a solid cylinder of material.  They are often used to splice 2 pieces of frame tubing together but in my case, it would be to prevent the weld from pushing through to the inside pf the shifter tube since mig welding doesn't stick to aluminum. It's all good though because Joe is going to make one and even do the welding for me so he can start offering that as a service to customers.