jimmyb

Hey admin, question?

there's nothing stopping him or anyone from registering on the site and posting. More info is needed.

It could be user error, didn't get/check his validation email, didn't register to the site, IP could be blocked, sun spots. 

I no longer have access to the back pages but I don't remember any one from India being blocked.

• Upvote 1

Neeraj - why not join and sport your 'ace' LCUSA patch & stickers all over Hindistan?

You will be the 'Fonz' amongst all that you associate with.

Ayyyyy!

I have had emails from folks asking for members contact information when they post things for sale.

I did not realise that non members could not reply to for sale ads. This is good not know. Thanks.

Non-members can PM but not reply on for sale topics.

I think the idea was that members would respect the for sale threads and keep them on topic without degrading the sale. Non-members are generally less familiar with the forum etiquette and might hijack or post negative things about an item or scooter and detract from the sale.

Does it work? Well we still probably have to moderate the for sale section more than others but maybe less than the previous admins had to when anyone could reply. No idea really.

• Upvote 1

As for why have one? Well that's been a hot button for years.Some members want to have access to non-members items they put for sale. Others feel they're is enough places for non-members to sell stuff outside of the LCUSA and would like to see it gone.

Me? I lean towards the latter as sometimes the admins are asked to step in and moderate a transaction. Non-members can cut and run if they'd like as we have nothing to offer to keep them around.

I also believe the forum is one of our main benefits as a member and believe the majority of it should be members only. Others think it's a good way to attract members but why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?

• Upvote 1

Has the Neeraj guy sold any parts yet? I can't imagine anyone's activities on the internet needs much facilitation.

I think "Rides & Events," "General Chatter," and "Show Your Lambretta" should be the ONLY non-member forums. Everything should be protected.

• Upvote 1