Josh Snow

Why this club is cool

This past Saturday I hosted a luncheon for the Porsche Club of America at my restaurant....I was pretty excited to have this group come in...and by and large they were an agreeable bunch of wealthy, old white guys.

Witnessing the way they interacted as a club really made me appreciate what we have here...

-not having embossed name tags with your name, your hometown and the model of scooter you ride...

-Having more to talk about than scooters when we meet in person

-Not having to accept the guy on the modern scooter as "one of us" ( the guys with 912's and 356's all stayed in the bar...the Boxster/Cayman latest version of the 911 crowd stroked each other in the dining room...same club though)

Diversity....people from every walk of life, economic/political.racial etc...this club has it.

Even though there was a lot of grey hair at Jammy, we aren't Porsche CLub old....

Just Sayin'.

• Upvote 15

That was definitely one of the things I noticed at Pasadena. What a crazy diverse bunch of girls and guys.

• Upvote 3

What a crazy diverse bunch of girls and guys.

Halle-fukn-lujah

OK Josh, we are all impressed you drive a Porsche....... :P

• Upvote 1

No Porsche here...(although Iwouldn't say no if you're offering to give me one)...they booked an event at my restaurant.  you can be impressed that I've owned the same Volvo 1800 for 20 + years , but it hasn't seen the road in 19....

• Upvote 2

And whats that supposed to mean???

Don't hate on Porsche owners. :-)

By the way... I'm only 42. 

Aren't your chops grey?

Ahhh, who am I fooling, we all have some grey hair.

I really enjoyed getting a bit hosed with all of our U.S. Lambretta brethren

No one made us Canucks feel like we weren't part of the club even though we are not Us eh!!

Thanks for the hosting dudes and you all know your on our tabs at the bar when you visit the great white north !! Josh. Good to meet you in person also !! John d

• Upvote 1

This past Saturday I hosted a luncheon for the Porsche Club of America at my restaurant....I was pretty excited to have this group come in...and by and large they were an agreeable bunch of wealthy, old white guys.

Witnessing the way they interacted as a club really made me appreciate what we have here...

-not having embossed name tags with your name, your hometown and the model of scooter you ride...

-Having more to talk about than scooters when we meet in person

-Not having to accept the guy on the modern scooter as "one of us" ( the guys with 912's and 356's all stayed in the bar...the Boxster/Cayman latest version of the 911 crowd stroked each other in the dining room...same club though)

Diversity....people from every walk of life, economic/political.racial etc...this club has it.

Even though there was a lot of grey hair at Jammy, we aren't Porsche CLub old....

Just Sayin'.

Good buddy of mine has a '79 911SC he bought back in the mid-90s.  He and I worked on that engine a fair bit.  After the Jammy I drove down to San Diego where he now lives, and thankfully he still has that Porsche.  He said he was in the PCA for a bit but didn't stay because of what you just said.  

• Upvote 2

Agreed, me and my wife Kris were apart of an MG Club in Chicago years ago when we owned a '71 Midget... the people in that club had no personality and not one opinion on anything. unbelievably BORING crowd!

I am a longtime rider but a relatively new member to this club and have to say that the Pasadena Jamboree opened my eyes to the greatness of this club.

The generosity, advice and camaraderie was mind blowing.  (...and if I missed Thanking anyone who helped out with my clutch rebuild I sincerely apologize and well, Thank You again)

We are stoked to return the hospitality in Duluth 2016. I truly hope you all can make it.

John

• Upvote 5

. . . Matty, cancel the LCUSA embossed name tag order

• Upvote 10

. . . Matty, cancel the LCUSA embossed name tag order

Small, silver LCUSA pins would be fucking dope. An ornate sheriff style star pin. $120 price would be good.

• Upvote 1

Well that worked well. Picture of my invasion of the Ferrari Club during the Revenge Scooter Rally.  And yes they did have their names embroidered on their shirts.

Also, all the free stickers. Between the calendar, weekly caption contest, and just plain free stuff I get several packages a year from k-dog.

I have the best dressed gear cabinet in town.

I park my Ferrari in front of my house. How much to join that club?

20130716_0916040.jpg

• Upvote 3

Yeah, i get that a lot.

• Upvote 1

Dupe. Nothing to see here...