theageofindustry

2016 Lambretta Jamboree Hotel Info and Dates

I really like that Pasadena had the Howard Johnson.  I don't drink and party so I was not interested in staying at the Saga.  I hope there is an option like this for Duluth.  I want to be close enough for the events and party but then be able to go back to a quite environment.

I'll bring a soft blanket and my Whale Sounds CD for you.

• Upvote 5

I'll bring a soft blanket and my Whale Sounds CD for you.

So caring and thoughtful of you.

The Downtown Duluth Motel is a Best Western on the cheaper side. It has parking in the interior of the building, which is a horseshoe shaped building.

The Downtown Duluth Motel is a Best Western on the cheaper side. It has parking in the interior of the building, which is a horseshoe shaped building.

That will be an alternate motel, we'll have confirmation from them shortly.

• Upvote 2

I really like that Pasadena had the Howard Johnson.  I don't drink and party so I was not interested in staying at the Saga.  I hope there is an option like this for Duluth.  I want to be close enough for the events and party but then be able to go back to a quite environment.

There Sheraton is on the same block as the main hotel, I'm awaiting a call from the Corporate Group Rate Offices with their proposal.  

Doesn't hurt to try hotwire or something.  Keep in mind a lot of the hotels won't let you book over a year in advance so you may have to call or wait a week.

I'll wait for the club to announce the alternate hotel.  I haven't done the research myself.  I know I have time to finalize my plans.

• Upvote 1

The Adventure Park looks awesome. it's 12 miles from the main hotel and offers group rates for Alpine coaster, zip line and mini golf.  Let's get a group to go!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

The Adventure Park looks awesome. it's 12 miles from the main hotel and offers group rates for Alpine coaster, zip line and mini golf.  Let's get a group to go!!!!!!!!!!!

That'll be our version of the gymkhana sans scooters, in case of a tie the first one to the bottom of the mountain wins. 

• Upvote 1

Adventure Park. I'm in! I did an alpine slide once and it was the best ride I've ever been on. Looks like alpine coaster may be even better.

Or maybe with scoots on the mountain bike trail.

Sunday wrap up!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

Sunday wrap up!!!!!!!!!!

A ride over the Bong Bridge then hit the adventure park does sound like a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon. 

• Upvote 2

Second hotel added

The Downtown Duluth Motel - http://www.downtownduluthmotel.com/  

Use code - Lambretta Club

The rate would be $169 next year for that weekend, but can do $99 on the Thursday before and Sunday after that weekend use code Lambretta Club. For groups, we have a 30 day cutoff period....meaning any rooms not reserved under the block are released to the public 30 days before the group event.  But please keep in mind that if someone calls AFTER the rooms are released, we would still honor that group rate. 

Looks like you might get a slightly better deal if you're a AAA member, that's worth bringing up.

• Upvote 2

Third option for those who want to splurge a little.  It's just a couple of doors down on the same block as the Voyageur.

The Sheraton for $205 a night, we have a block of rooms up until 30 days before rally date.

Need to call 888-627-8122 with code Lambretta Club.  

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1774

• Upvote 1

I plan on renting a 4-sleeper RV and trucking it across with a small trailer. Will be sleeping in the RV.

• Upvote 1

How come he can't park on the street in front of motel?

Curious

Or pay to park in lot.

No parking on the street out front. Too narrow. Otherwise, I think you can park wherever you feel like parking.

Isn't that the glory of traveling in a mobile command center anyway?

• Upvote 1

There will be spots for trailers in the garage behind the hotel. we'll check about campers.  You can park at any meter (or 2 in your case) you just have to move it every 24 hours according to the city. 

Or the spot linked above is $29 a night.  http://www.lakeheadboatbasin.com/rv.html

Hey ya'll.

I just cancelled with Bobby Sue. So who ever is on the wait list will be getting a call. It was one of the good rooms.

That is my birthday week and I am taking my boys to Virginia Beach to see my mom. 

Have a great time. I've heard the riding up there is awesome.

Thanks for the reminder Jimmy. I also have to cancel on Duluth and the jammy this year. Getting married that weekend! Bummed about missing it, because duluth sounds beautiful, but looking forward to celebrating my anniversary at the jammy every year!