eric_iron

CORSA!!!!

What a great time! I gotta give props to Aaron pushed his bike across the finish line the first day took apart and rebuilt the top end that night then came in 4! Hes deserves a trophy for that shit! It was great to see all the Lambrettas that came out to race! I wish i hadn't lost my phone so I could post some pics!

• Upvote 6

Yeah, my damn small end bearing disintegrated about 1/2 mile from the finish of day one. I would have only been 4 minutes behind but since I had to push it to the line, I ended up 20 something minutes behind. Luckily Adam was carrying an extra bearing and some good sand paper. The crown of my piston and head looked awful when I pulled it apart but after carefully removing the rings and sanding for a few hours, I decided to give it a go. Finished the rebuild around 9pm and it started right up. On day two, the power was down a little and it sounded like crap all day but it made the 300 hard miles and somehow I limped home in forth about 50 minutes behind the overall winner. The Corsa is an amazing two day challenge for man and machine. More people should give it a try. It'll be in the Mid Atlantic region next year.

There were 19 competitors, 8 Lambrettas and 11 V3$p@s.

5 lambrettas and 8 V3$p@s finished

• Upvote 8

When will they pick next years location?  As I live in Mid Atlantic region, this is something to start planning for.

Dave, if you are on FB join the CORSA:IFP page. If you aren't on FB stay tuned to the LCUSA, I'll post something as soon as I know. The winner was Mike Heytens and he lives in Maryland so it could be in your back yard.

• Upvote 1

Mike is a cool dude....glad for him he won. I'd love to do something like this one day but all my rides are sloooooow.