Andy

ebay sx200 today

Damn!  Much better deal than the other one. 

• Upvote 1

Huh? Another dealer special. it's already ended. Someone must have jumped on it with a big dollar amount.

That's what I thought but then looked at the bid history. They never listed it as a lambretta or an sx200. Somebody got the deal of all deals because the seller just listed it as an antique scooter!

• Upvote 1

Definitely an east coast dealer special. Had a TV200 many years ago go thru my hands with exactly the same front fender job. Panels were more art deco though.

• Upvote 1

i had a tv200 with same design, but in red/white - now with David Rinella in NYC. There was an sx on ebay that mr.g bid on and bought with the same design as well. would love to find which dealer it was! 

From those fuel system parts sitting on the floorboards it looks like there may be some serious troubles.

WW

Guest McRockfish

The seller reneged on his prior deal.  You CAN do that on Ebay with a very small penalty.  in this case probably about $100, the Ebay fee, and he is back up and running another ad.  Below is the review given by yesterday's buyer:

Seller backed out of deal- REQUESTED MORE MONEY!! SCAMMER!! BEWARE!!

Jun 04, 2015

If you look at this sellers history you will see that the seller with this SX has just done this about a year ago.  scammed a few people and then disappeared off of EBay after the buyers gave him bad reviews impacting his seller rating.  that's why he has no rating right now.  after a year the rating drops off whether it be good, or bad in this case.

The only way to buy a scooter from him would be to go there and pay him in person and pick it up right there.  If you don't like what you see, walk away.  If you buy it, just pray you can get a clear Title later with no title issues.  He is most likely selling with just a bill of sale.  buyer beware.

• Upvote 4

What a cock move from the seller. Obviously he now thinks he's sitting on a gold mine now by correctly listing it in his title instead of "antique scooter" and now has set a high reserve. Should've honored the sale or ended the auction early.

• Upvote 2

I'm kind of over it. It seems like every time an SX or a TV or some other rare serial number comes up for sale, it's wrought with drama. 

• Upvote 4

Drama, politics, spite, hatred, name calling, It's horrible really.

It's only a scooter... Life is too short to get in a bunch.

• Upvote 4

Another option for someone that wants to part with some serious cash...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/5063411388.html

thats the same a$$ clown that has been tossing his stuff up for years. A though $13k at this point may seem not so bad for something that can be running shortly vs the $9600 ebay project. And ooooh ahh the hipsters can drool over the patina.

• Upvote 1