Also, parts have been trickling in on this over the past couple months. Bearings, seals, GP200 crank, 150 gears, etc....still on the fence about the top end. Once the chaincase side get's opened up I'll see what other consumables are needed and place an order form there. 

3 hours ago, ScottWally said:

Great work - that moto is going to be great!

I realized this is the first "full restoration" or whatever I've undertaken in about 5 years. Normally I look for original paint on everything and that's been the only bikes I've picked up in awhile....I'm having a hard time deciding what to do for the finish but it'll probably be close to the TV175 Yellow or blue and maybe some racing stripes but shit, that could just be todays flavor....got a ways to go before I get there.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, MarkH said:

Needs more Sounders stickers

:/  HAHA...Very funny Mark....speaking of which I was just talking to Jon yesterday about getting a second set of panels to have done up in a DC United tribute piece by my wrap guy......I hope I'll be able to fit all those trophies on it...so many in our case....what about the Sounders trophy case? Probably could fit those on justa smallframe. :D 

45 minutes ago, willyjake said:

:/  HAHA...Very funny Mark....speaking of which I was just talking to Jon yesterday about getting a second set of panels to have done up in a DC United tribute piece by my wrap guy......I hope I'll be able to fit all those trophies on it...so many in our case....what about the Sounders trophy case? Probably could fit those on justa smallframe. :D 

So you're going with a sort of "Faded Glory" theme? :P

• Upvote 2

Been awhile since I updated....biggest news is I've sold all my Vespuhs although the wife still has hers in the garage so space isn't such a premium anymore and the budget for this build just got a little bigger. Anyhow, the transition is complete. Got everything back from the blaster, had the airbox modified to fit a bigger neck for moar air with a stock looking setup (thinking either Casa 185 or RT 195 for this engine,,,thoughts appreciated on either kit).....Cases got the full treatment although not a full polish just smoothed out for easier cleaning.....bodywork, welding up little tears and such is done...also picked up a Bajaj glovebox I am going to rework to install. I measured it with a 64oz growler and I can fit two in there so I am actually thinking of putting a wet bar in the glovebox for rallies and such. Growler on one side and small wet bar on the other with a shaker or something. 

Next step it to clean up all the hardware and send it off for plating. From there I will finalize the engine build specs (already have a GP crank and 150 gears along with a lightened crown wheel) and start to button that up so it's all closed up and secure. Other than that I'll be making sure all my bodywork is where I want it so I can begin to contemplate the finish.

photo 4.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 1.JPG

• Upvote 1

Casa 185's do very well here at altitude and up in the hills.  Pulls much better than my stock-ish (upgraded 24mm carb and electronic ignition) but recently rebuilt Jet 200 motor.  I need to put on the new exhaust I bought for the Jet though to get more out of it.  You can ride both of mine to compare the stock 200 vs. the Casa 185.  Just text me man - I'm even off work tomorrow (Weds).

My $0.02, and worth exactly that.

• Upvote 1

I rode Sanchez's Series 1 with the Casa 185 on it....similar setup to what I was thinking and I liked it....I think Kroge has the 195 on his Series 3...I may take it out at some point to get a feel for it. Thanks for the offer! With weather like this we should be riding again soon. 

• Upvote 1

I used a glass bead cabinet after throwing everything in the automatic parts washer. Took about 6-8 hours of going through everything.

Got these Lambretta line drawings and did a quick mock up of the final design. Burgundy with cream. All the engine stuff, gas tank, airbox, glovebox as well as the fork and rims will be cream colored and everything else hubs, bodywork, frame, taillight etc will be burgundy. Added a TV style bench seat, dampers (thinking I'll get those painted cream as well), bajaj glovebox, and rear rack maybe....

Li 185 concept.JPG

Li185 concept 2.JPG

Actually the V3$p@ Burgundy from a Rally 200 is my favorite color hence.....the design. That and the TV 175 S2 cream color. Hope to get close to those two.  ;)