wow! with some careful conservation, that could shape up to be one of the nicest OG scoots in the States.

• Upvote 1

I'll say this. If its the california desert talc then be sure you blow off the dust really well in all the cracks and crevices before you put a drop of water on it.

What will happen if you hose the dust off is that the areas that dont get removed will now be damp talc and it'll dry to the consistency of concrete.

That will for sure suck.

• Upvote 1

I'll say this. If its the california desert talc then be sure you blow off the dust really well in all the cracks and crevices before you put a drop of water on it.

I was thinking about how I'd clean it IF something like this ever happened to me (not holding my breath) and I'd even be careful with the air to blow the dirt and dust off.. too much air pressure or blowing at the wrong angle, and you could be doing damage just as if you took a towel and rubbed the dust into the paint..   just treat is like a 10k year old Egyptian mummy, go slow and be GENTLE..   

I can't wait to see this one uncovered. 

Just my 2c on a process I haven't had the pleasure of doing.

• Upvote 1

I was thinking about how I'd clean it IF something like this ever happened to me (not holding my breath) and I'd even be careful with the air to blow the dirt and dust off.. too much air pressure or blowing at the wrong angle, and you could be doing damage just as if you took a towel and rubbed the dust into the paint..   just treat is like a 10k year old Egyptian mummy, go slow and be GENTLE..   

I can't wait to see this one uncovered. 

Just my 2c on a process I haven't had the pleasure of doing.

It looks like its pretty pristine under the dust. It will probably polish up nicely too. Best would to blow of with low pressure then wash with low pressure.

This is a good website - these products are awesome too! ive been buying them slowly. I like to keep my cars, motos, scooters nice and shiny. There is a vid on motorcycle wash and vid/PDF on barn find too. Ill post in Tech area too

http://www.ammonyc.com/videos/

• Upvote 1

I'd so trade my road ready riverside for this one.

Looks like you had a rattlesnake living under the panels at one point. Funny.

• Upvote 1

... And enter the rich people cleaning products. "I like to keep my Maserati and Lambretta clean and ready for that trip to Alice's. But I'll check Facebook to see if anyone else is going."

I sure hope that mousse is good for hair too.

... And enter the rich people cleaning products. "I like to keep my Maserati and Lambretta clean and ready for that trip to Alice's. But I'll check Facebook to see if anyone else is going."

I sure hope that mousse is good for hair too.

yeah - not cheap for sure. I generally keep to meguiars professional. The link is posted mainly for the tips - you can use turtle wax from walmart and you'll still get good results.

Thanks again everyone for the ideas.  Yeah, I just bushed it lightly with a soft paintbrush and vacuumed the loose dirt.  Still not sure how to tackle the engine. Almost seems a crime to turn it into a daily driver...

It is a nice find but bikes are meant to be ridden. I agree though for a daily ride maybe something less untouched would be a better choice.

Ehh....ride it. Other wise if you dont you'll end up being the weirdo that found a bike in a barn and doesnt ride it.

Trust me, you wont feel any better about you or the price of tea in china if you sit there and look at it.

• Upvote 1

If you don't think you can do it "justice," just trade it to someone who has a running scooter.

• Upvote 1

Farm to table - Barn to Street! Great score and welcome aboard!

• Upvote 1

Starting out with a Yamaha Zuma, then find a complete cool looking Lambretta.

What a lucky find, with TV style panels.+++
Hang on to that scoot. It may take a bit of money to make roadworthy.
Very Cool! :D