Hi all, 

I'm brand new to this forum.  This is going to really sound cliche... I recently found a 1964 Lambretta 150 Special, literally in a barn, near where I live in Pasadena, CA.

Apparently it hasn't been ridden since last registered by its original owner in 1975.  This could be true judging by the caked-on layer of sandy dust (over 1 in. thick on the floorboards) that had been blowing into the barn over the decades.  Other than one bent legshield it looks pretty straight but hard to tell what's under the dust. I just trucked it home but am not sure in what direction to take the restoration.  I've always wanted an old V3$p@ or something similar and I'd love to use this as a regular ride to replace my Yamaha Zuma that has over 21k miles on it...

Would anyone care to see pictures (not sure how to upload)?

Nice to meet you,

PJ

• Upvote 1

Pictures would be fantastic, probably best to take them after you blast the crud off of it with a hose. FYI  try to avoid the "V" word in future posts :D. You have found a fantastic model too, I and others will be jealous, you are a lucky person.

Hey PJ sounds like a great score. To post pics you need to upload them to your favorite photo site (Flickr, etc) then copy the code and paste it into your posts.

Like Josh says you've got to get out to Lambtetta Jamboree in Pasadena next month. Check out the thread for details of all the weekend's events.

Finally, I'm in Burbank and there are a good few of us all around that can help you out as needed. As for restoring it, my humble opinion is to get it running and simply ride it for awhile. Then decide if/how you want to restore or upgrade.

Feel free to PM me and I can point you to any upcoming rides in the neighborhood.

jeff

• Upvote 1

welcome PJ, skinner and I have a monthly vintage ride loosely based out of pasadena.  first saturday or sunday of the month, meet in pasadena/highland park/burbank/SGV depending on our mood.  search our facebook group, Eastside LA/SGV Vintage Scooter Rides, bunch of great guys and gals that just ride, no club politics aside from no twist and go's, just a good time with good people

I'd love to see pics too.  I think it's amazing that there are still bikes to be had around Los Angeles..  It never ceases to surprise me..

... and never ceases to annoy me that I never find them.  :unsure:

Welcome to the forum Paul.

• Upvote 3

Thanks everyone for your responses.   

I started cleaning the scooter a little.  Mostly with a vacuum.  Found a snake skin in the engine compartment. Was surprised to see what the odometer read upon dusting it.  

So I opened a flickr account... the uploading directions seem simple enough but I'm not having much luck linking the images.  I keep getting this message: You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

Any advice? 

PJ

• Upvote 2

Uhm, snake skin, Very MOD, or maybe it wasn't a slow puncture that the last owner was looking for before he died........hisssss!

• Upvote 1

Thanks everyone for your responses.   

I started cleaning the scooter a little.  Mostly with a vacuum.  Found a snake skin in the engine compartment. Was surprised to see what the odometer read upon dusting it.  

So I opened a flickr account... the uploading directions seem simple enough but I'm not having much luck linking the images.  I keep getting this message: You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/133181109@N03/17358163658/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/133181109@N03/17358410590/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/133181109@N03/17358207498/in/dateposted-public/

Any advice? 

PJ

Use the BBcode link:

bbcode.JPG

Cool. I'll bet my paycheck that thats one of a batch of lambrettas that came out of a container in the 90's and dispersed thru Frankovich or Coffman. Not sure which. I had one. Call Mark Coffman at ScootersBellisimo. He'd love to see that thing. He lives out your way. Good pull PaulJ

That's great.. It looks like a Raiders/Lost Ark find/treaure... All covered in desert dust.. The stuff dreams are made of.

• Upvote 1

There we go... I switched to Photobucket.  Looks like it was bought new from a dealer in Santa Monica and registered by the owner though '75.

IMG_9814_zpssppgqjcy.jpgIMG_9851_zpsqhlnotv2.jpg

IMG_9817_zpsnm3a6sis.jpg

• Upvote 5

Rock it as is, dont even bother cleaning it!  :D  :D  :D

• Upvote 3

What's going on on the right side of the headset, is that some sort of registration holder?

Yes, it contained the registration papers, which are all curled up like a taco.  In the storage box were the original tools and an old spark plug wrapped in some paper printed in Italian.