My favorite gauges Starr. I like that i can take out what i want and put itback in. 

Also the removable allen wrench sets are cool.

A little of topic here but feeler gauges(30 thou) make excellent reeds in a compressor when the 20 year old reeds in the head of said compressor take a dump and the reeds you need are obsolete. Hopefully the compressor will keep on working for another 20 odd years:)

Reviving project after over 2 years (damn babies!).

In case anyone interested in ramblings and odd grocery getter rebuild problems:

Ran like in the video above a couple times down the street and around the block but heard a lot of metal-on-metal in the case.  Pulled apart and found the kick assembly was wearing on the clutch bell, right on the arm. Couldn't figure out why, even padded out the side case but it was still rubbing.  Took it off and put on a spare from another engine and rubbing was gone.  Turns out the kick shaft was bent, but hard to notice just looking at it.  With that sorted, ran into problems with it idling easily, even though it seem to run well when revving and plug looks great on lower half of throttle. Seems the carb has float or needle issues and fuel wasn't getting in fast enough when bowl emptied.  Cleaned and inspected carb multiple times and now I think I'm going to change it out for a non-stock since some smarter J-range people say they just chuck the stock carbs anyway :)

Have been through this with Jetex float needles in Sh1's and now in a new Scootopia 20mm.  Try another float needle , the one you have in there may be too long, effectively allowing the engine to suck the float bowl dry, which is what sounds like is happening to you and your carb.

Sounds like a good possibility.  This is the original needle for the carb.... Only other needle I had was corroded/frozen into the other old carb from another Brio :)  I'll dig around and see if I have another that fits and especially if one is shorter.  It's odd that it seems intermittent, maybe the end of the needle is spongy from age and sticking to the inlet?  I needles from other Dellos around somewhere I'm sure.