eric_iron

Hey N.Y. / Florida peeps! do any of you recognize these stickers?

I just picked up a new bike and I was curious about the stickers that were on it. I bought it from a guy in Jersey he said he got it from Florida but one of the stickers on it says N.Y.C. 

IMG_0145_zps7lzjixlm.jpg

IMG_0144_zps81sx1ike.jpgIMG_0140_zpsjavumksv.jpg

• Upvote 3

Well I like the stickers, but you don't tie down a Lambretta like that, and the stand is down too! It does look very nice though. One strap around the top of the fork legs pulling forward, one around the rear shock mount pulling back, and one around the rear saddle frame to keep it upright is a much safer option. That is a lot of constant load\stress on the main strut, headset, fork links, and steering bearings etc. Never the less, you are a very lucky man to find her.

• Upvote 1

Popeye has a CAMROD sticker on his S2. They pop up every once in a while. Nice score. I saw that scoot on CL and hoped someone local would score it.

• Upvote 1

Well I like the stickers, but you don't tie down a Lambretta like that, and the stand is down too! It does look very nice though. One strap around the top of the fork legs pulling forward, one around the rear shock mount pulling back, and one around the rear saddle frame to keep it upright is a much safer option. That is a lot of constant load\stress on the main strut, headset, fork links, and steering bearings etc. Never the less, you are a very lucky man to find her.

Thanks for the good advice!

Popeye has a CAMROD sticker on his S2. They pop up every once in a while. Nice score. I saw that scoot on CL and hoped someone local would score it.

Yeah Heather saw it and told me about it. So i went and picked it up. I'm not planning on keeping it. After the rally a few of my friends were interested in getting one so I figured I would just get it and see if they wanted it.

• Upvote 2

In the April Gazette there was an article about modifying a non-servetta headset to fit on a servetta. This was because the headset had been broken due to this type of tie down. Several others have suffered this fate. There a few different opinions on the proper tie down method. Someone do a write up with pics with your method of choice and send it to lambrettagazette@gmail.com for the June or other future gazette issue!

• Upvote 1

I know Camrod -- they actually just closed a few years ago but had been in business since the late '50s. They were called Camrod Motorsports by the time I got into scooters, had moved to 11th Ave, and were more of a motorcycle shop at that point, but I shopped for gear there when I got my first bike. They didn't have a particularly good reputation their last few years -- I commonly heard them referred to as Scamrod (deservedly or not I can't say).

• Upvote 2

Yeah Heather saw it and told me about it. So i went and picked it up. I'm not planning on keeping it. After the rally a few of my friends were interested in getting one so I figured I would just get it and see if they wanted

That is awesome! Picking up and seeing if your friends want it. Very cool!!

• Upvote 1

That is awesome! Picking up and seeing if your friends want it. Very cool!!

Thanks, But all those A holes got down off there post rally high and said " I was totally into it butt i just don't think I have the time or money to put into it" DAM! Looks like im stuck with another bike! Things could have went worse.