PullTheClutch

Montgomery Wards Riverside color code

I have decided to restore an old Riverside that has been sitting around for a long time. It's in multiple boxes and is beat to hell. I would like to bring it back to its original glory. 

Does anyone have the paint code for the blue color? I am hoping to find a real good match. Mine is so faded from the sun that I don't think it's worth trying to match it.

Thanks in advance!

Pulltheclutch-here you go.

Celeste Iseo/ Iseo blue 1962 125 LI SER 3 
Lechler # 8035 
PPG formula 
DMC900 1305.3 
DMC919 1335.3 
DMC902 1349.3 
DMC936 1373.4 

This is single stage 1 quart formula in PPG DCC Concept.  

• Upvote 1

Send me the frame and motor numbers. I'll add it to the database of known riversides.

Also Eric at 2nd ave has the code for that color in powder coating.

Celeste Iseo is a GREEN, I have one on a platform at the moment that I am restoring for a customer. It has been incorrectly translated for 50 years from Celeste Iceo which mean blue sky blue, where as in-fact Celeste Iseo is beautiful green colour named after a lake in northern Italy.

Pulltheclutch-here you go.

Celeste Iseo/ Iseo blue 1962 125 LI SER 3 
Lechler # 8035 
PPG formula 
DMC900 1305.3 
DMC919 1335.3 
DMC902 1349.3 
DMC936 1373.4 

This is single stage 1 quart formula in PPG DCC Concept.  

Celeste Iseo is a GREEN, I have one on a platform at the moment that I am restoring for a customer. It has been incorrectly translated for 50 years from Celeste Iceo which mean blue sky blue, where as in-fact Celeste Iseo is beautiful green colour named after a lake in northern Italy.

I haven't had that one mixed . Good to know

I haven't had that one mixed . Good to know

If I could post pictures I'd put one up for you to see, it is a gorgeous colour. 

• Upvote 1

If I could post pictures I'd put one up for you to see, it is a gorgeous colour.

[/quote

Please email me a pic so I can compare with the Casa paint chip book. Thanks

[/quote

Please email me a pic so I can compare with the Casa paint chip book. Thanks

I'd like to see this color, too. PM me?

Yeah the code I have is for series 3 Li 125 which is a greenish color. Riverside is blue .

What u probably want to do is take a piece that hasn't been exposed and get it matched on the spectrophotometer at a paint store. Probably inside a glove box door or back of frame where taillight is.

Here is an image of the original color I scored from the interwebs. I think it is original but maybe not.

d0c69163-2168-4888-a83a-e161a7955358_zps

that looks correct. after 52 years the paint chalks up pretty bad.

• Upvote 1

Go with VDub's suggestion, behind the tail light, if it is still on, is a great place for colour matching. But me being a snob, I use a quality painter who colour matches by eye, I thought a spectrophotometer was that gizmo they use in "Ghost Busters"  :P

• Upvote 1

I have no knowledge of the "Riverside" (I would like one though). But if I was to take a guess, I'd say that blue was the same as the TV 2 Azurro Tirreno (Tyrrhenian Blue). I just can't see Innocenti knocking up a whole new colour for a short small run.

I just can't see Innocenti knocking up a whole new colour for a short small run.

They may have Skippy.

I am for sure not a paint guy but i do know that as far back as i can remember around scooter circles, i always heard it called "Riverside blue".

That doesnt mean theres any facts behind what i say, only that in conversations it was never called anything else.

Mines faded so it definitely is its own color now. Whats cool is when you polish and wax the heavily faded paint it comes out nice. I dont think that year got the "good paint treatment" like the rest of the years. haha

It's isso blue 8035

Same as a ton of other s3 li125 including the series 4. So common in fact that I've heard people call a light blue li125 a riverside (even when it isn't).

• Upvote 2

I will give that a try. My paint is very very very damaged so I do not have much hope. :/

Thanks again boys.

That paint actually looks really good, you should see my rust bucket!

Just wax it out.

That paint actually looks really good, you should see my rust bucket!

Just wax it out.

That Riverside isn't mine. Just found the picture on the net. It looked original so that is what I'm shooting for with mine.

Mine is in about 10 boxes covered in surface rust and bleached by the sun.

That Riverside isn't mine. Just found the picture on the net. It looked original so that is what I'm shooting for with mine.

Mine is in about 10 boxes covered in surface rust and bleached by the sun.

post some photos! let see this bad boy

here is Skippy's bike he's working on.  also a pic of the chip and a sample of some I had matched to a faded series 3 LI 125.  

11178539_1576757635908856_1621738053_n.j

11182699_665069516926468_591784185598411