Sign in to follow this  
indie_ste

New Bolt On Lambretta Damper Brackets

I think the BGM look pretty slick.. on the right bike (something kind of racy or "hi-tech" I think they'd look good as an alternative to welding.. 

Yeah, They all look kind of technical and racy, don't think there is a way of getting around that without welding.

You do have to change the "links" though.  Yes?

WW

yeah - i may get a set and cut the tabs off as. A) the forks are indian chrome and the welds are rusty and B) probably safer C) they will match my BGM Dampeners

You do have to change the "links" though.  Yes?

WW

if you are adding dampeners you can just add link adapters too. They work fine. Cheaper than replacing links

if you are adding dampeners you can just add link adapters too. They work fine. Cheaper than replacing links

Yea. I did the opposite. I welded the uppers and am using the temp lowers until the next swap meet or something.

You gotta be careful which skinny dampers you use with the temporary lowers.

I tried the sck first as i was ordering some other stuff and when i went to fit them they were like 3mm or something to wide. Not enough room for hardware and that was even without the washers.

I ended up ordering the ones from jet200. They were more money but they fit perfectly.

One other thing to keep an eye on. With clip over bottom brackets if the locating tab on them is a loose fit in the opening of the fork link, check the spindle nuts regularly as that tab location movement can start loosening them.

• Upvote 2