Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
swifty

TV3 175 flywheel issue

Recommended Posts

Ok, this is a new one for me.  My early Series 3 TV 175 lost spark a couple years back and I just parked it, figuring I would get back to it soon.  Well, three years later, here I am.  I pulled the flywheel off today, and I was surpised to find aluminum shavings everywhere.  It looks like one of the rivets from the side of the flywheel started to back out, and cut a nice groove in the inside of the engine case.  I've been around Lammys for a long time, but this is a first for me.  Anyone else experience this before, and is there a good fix?  As you can see, the rivet is still sticking out, and if I cut if off the rest of the way with my dremel tool, I am fearful the rest of it will back out as well.  Also, if I drill it out, what should I put back in its place?

 

Any help is much appreciated.

 

-Mark

 

Mark Swift Motorscooter Homepage

http://www.markswift.org/

 

 

tv175_flywheel02.jpg

tv175_case01.jpgtv175_flywheel01.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had the exact same issue before...

Tried Loctite, pushed back in and then punched it... Came out after 1000 miles or so.

Drilled, threaded and countersunk, then wimpy Loctite on countersunk screws and perfect so far.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have seen it on a original Series 2 flywheels  twice.  Used TRs method 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...