Lambaretta

Opinion — use large silentblocks and add front dampers?

I wanted to get some opinions on this. I've never ridden a Lammy so I have no baseline for comparison. Is it worth upgrading to the larger silentblocks and adding front dampers on an early s3 li125 that will have a 175 kit and a big bore exhaust? Sticky's suggests making these upgrades on tuned engines, but what constitutes a "tuned" engine?

Yes, those are good upgrades

Don't forget you need different frame cones and engine bolt. Also should upgrade your fork springs and rebuild the forks/links.

• Upvote 2

The front dampers are nice on any machine but the larger silent blocks probably aren't necessary. Matty had a Soulrunner 190cc on the short silent blocks and it was totally fine.

It wasn't until we put a lighter flywheel (2kg) on it and went to a k&n air filter that it made my hands and feet tingle to the point that I didn't want to rev it out.

Once we did that though, it actually wanted to rev out where as before, it didn't really have the legs even do it.

Needless to say it got long engine mounts and front dampers and now it's a fantastic machine.

I agree with"theageofindustry" Dampers yes, Large silent blocs....definitely not a must. Then go with Mike, I like Scootopia progressive springs, and new bushes and bolts in the fork links, followed by good quality tyres and rear shock absorber.

• Upvote 1

I should note that on a scratch build, I always go with the longer blocks.

If this is an already built machine, then no need to go through the trouble until you go to a higher state of tune.

• Upvote 1

I should note that on a scratch build, I always go with the longer blocks.

If this is an already built machine, then no need to go through the trouble until you go to a higher state of tune.

It's in pieces — full rebuild. Thanks for the advice, everyone!

A note on fork dampers and prog springs (some here have read this in the past): They do not do the same thing, so it's not necessarily a "one or the other" scenario. It depends on how you want your front end to perform. (TWSS)

A note on fork dampers and prog springs

True.

One bike i have has progressive fork springs and one has Stoffis. Both bikes have the same skinny dampers.

As expected the one with the progressive springs is stiffer than the other. I havnt decided which i prefer yet

It's in pieces — full rebuild. Thanks for the advice, everyone!

Just remember to get the right bolt for the silent blocs you buy, Italian & Indian have different bore diameters and therefore different bolts to suit.