Professorgearhead

Please offer advice to a newbie on a '65 Spanish Li 150.

Just making sure that you still have the inability to pick up on sarcasm.

Slightly off topic but I see what looks like receipts from a place called Scooter MD? Are they a Vancouver company? I'd be interested in any info on places in the area that do work on Lambrettas. Not that I need anything right now, but for future reference.

Cheers, Alan.

That's a 2 way street Willis.  Let Alan get some good advice, that's what he came here for.

You and I, well, after your recent behavior, we'll sit down and sort this out soon enough. Hopefully before riding season starts, after all, who needs any drama when you can be having fun.

Alan, I'm sorry about this, my attempts at levity have been taken the wrong way by Willis. Please don't let this reflect badly on the club, or Spiderwebb.

Good luck in scoring this scoot! We all certainly hope you get it and before you know it, you will be a Serveteran! Not sure what happened there with Will and Rudy but suffice it to say that if you did score it for 2K you did pretty darn well but the way I look at it, when something rare like this rolls into your lap, to me, Its not worth a few hundred bucks to lose out on the deal.

• Upvote 1

I thought I should update you on what's happening, after all your helpful advice.  Nothing.  We are at the negotiation stage.  I've made an offer.  He's made a counter-offer.  I've presently walked away.  What do you think......  We are at about we are at about $2,300 US.

• Upvote 1

You should be offering what it is worth to YOU. Make your offer and then walk away.

(And I'll point out you are on a publuc forum.)

If it makes you feel any better, in OZ the UK or Spain, it would be snapped up for twice that amount. Americans are still dramatically under valuing there Scooters, which I think is why they all moan at paying European prices for quality parts, and have no reservations in chopping and cutting the parts they do have, England was like this a couple of decades ago, then suddenly genuine parts dried up and the reality set in. It will happen there eventually,so buy now as an investment. This isn't a knock at Americans just an observation that you don't seem to appreciate how lucky you are when it comes to scooter prices.

P.S Spanish made scooters are of a superior build quality compared to the later Italian models (now watch the fur fly!!).

It looks like u are in Vancouver Canada. I helped a fellow Canadian in your neck of the woods by looking over a Lambretta Tv2 a while back before he purchased. I could ask him or other Lammy guys near u if they would be willing to give it a look over. Send me a pm and I can try and get u in touch if they are willing. Who knows they may know the history of the Lammy In question.

Regard,

Mike

P.S Spanish made scooters are of a superior build quality compared to the later Italian models (now watch the fur fly!!).

Here here!

• Upvote 1

Well, largely as a result of your advice here, it appears that we have a deal:  that I've bought the Lambretta.  No money has changed hands yet, and no signatures signed, but we have agreed on a price....  All things being equal, I'll pick it up next Friday.  I'll keep you posted--and thanks so much for all your advice here.  This will be my first Lambretta. I hope there's no issue here that I have a '63 V3$p@ GS, and a '74 Norton 'Commando'.   

• Upvote 2

Well, largely as a result of your advice here, it appears that we have a deal:  that I've bought the Lambretta.  No money has changed hands yet, and no signatures signed, but we have agreed on a price....  All things being equal, I'll pick it up next Friday.  I'll keep you posted--and thanks so much for all your advice here.  This will be my first Lambretta. I hope there's no issue here that I have a '63 V3$p@ GS, and a '74 Norton 'Commando'.   

Just forget you own those other two pieces of garbage. Just walk away from them.

• Upvote 1

Thanks, Melanie, but from many years of experience I won't accept it as a 'done deal' 'till the money has changed hands, the papers have been signed, and the scoot is physically in my possession. Having said that, I had a very pleasant chat with the owner last night, and there are no 'issues' that I foresee. I'm a happy guy!

• Upvote 2

Ta-Dah........  Brought the '65 Lambretta home from Victoria yesterday.  Deal done!  I'm a happy guy.  There was a box of papers with it that categorically prove that I am the third owner.  The original owner bought it in '65 in Spain, drove it around Europe for 6 months, shipped it here to the west coast of Canada and kept it here 'till he died a few years ago.  It was picked up by a guy who liked 'cool stuff', but who never rode it.  I bought it from him.  It was painted about 20 years ago.  So, please chime in:  whats right and wrong with it?  I'm new to Lambrettas so I rely on you experts.  That rack at the back, is it factory?  I suspect it is period, but factory?  There's a very cool badge on the front leg shield from a motorcycle race in Barcelona.  I'll have to look into that.....  I know it is missing the spare wheel and tire, and the badge on the front leg shield, but what else?

Haven't fired it up yet, partly because I can't figure out how to lift the @#$%^ seat to peek into the gas tank.  How do I do that?  On my V3$p@ GS, you just press on the seat badge at the back and that releases the catch, but nothing happens here.  Pictures aren't great.  If any expertise need close-ups for further identification, let me know and I'll post 'em.

Again:  thanks so much for all your help with this purchase.  It's so wonderful to have a pile of veterans when you are a newbie!

file:///Users/Thor/Desktop/P1090485.JPG

Press in the middle of the back flat part of the seat HARD... there is a button under the vinyl that relases the seat.

It looks like this underneath...

11968_10151524685553901_1565798248_n.jpg