ghardt

Li150 Serveta Headset photos - Mismatched?

This is my 1978-ish Serveta Li150 special I recently purchased.  I'm trying to sort the upper and lower headset.  I don't believe these parts are correct for this scoot.  The upper I have is a 19.76.1002 with no other markings at all; the lower is Innocenti 19.76.1030 and appears to have been modified to accept the headlight adjustment trunnion / wire screw.  I have ordered a replacement Serveta top, the same one I have 19.76.1002, but I'm not confident it will fit as I haven't received it yet.  The parts catalog shows I should have a upper 19.76.1020 (CM.96.1020 for battery) and a lower 19.76.1010 (CM.96.1010 for battery).  Here are some photos for more info.  Clearly what I have shows the lower headset was intended for the late style Serveta headlight adjustment nuts and the upper headset was intended for the original style trunnion adjustment screw for the series 3.  What do you guys think?  I'm confused because Servetas seem to be a continual transition of various parts combinations. Should I start from scratch and look for a matching upper and lower? Does anyone have a matching Serveta upper and lower?  What about the aftermarket headsets from ScootRS?

Thanks.

post-617-0-36993100-1420933620_thumb.jpg

post-617-0-73114600-1420933647_thumb.jpg

post-617-0-34489800-1420933668_thumb.jpg

post-617-0-73815400-1420933708_thumb.jpg

post-617-0-49969300-1420933746_thumb.jpg

post-617-0-29624200-1420933850_thumb.jpg

post-617-0-65926100-1420933867_thumb.jpg

It looks like you have a post 1977 base and a pre 77 top.

Chose one or the other and find a matched set.

I would think it will be easier and cheaper to find a new top to match that base.

It looks like you have a post 1977 base and a pre 77 top.

Chose one or the other and find a matched set.

I would think it will be easier and cheaper to fin a new top to match that base.

Do you think the base has been modified?  It looks like it has been cut.

Yes perhaps. You would have to ask someone who has access to that type of headset base to confirm. Those were never imported to Canada where I am.

I would recommend you should get an entire set (upper & lower)  It looks as though someone took a sledgehammer to it?

Feel free to post in Serveterans group about this too.

Just uploaded a boat load of photos over there.  Photo size restrictions here.

I would recommend you should get an entire set (upper & lower)  It looks as though someone took a sledgehammer to it?

Previous owner said he ran into the back of a truck.  I'm looking for a matched set, if possible.

The bottom has been modified to accept an SX type trim ring and the top is an SX type. 

As for what to do, your kind of at a cross roads since it's a bitsa in it's current form. It might be best to just find a complete one of some kind and go from there.  I know upjettr might have a scootrs one to get you by for now since he bought my late Jet type to replace it.

• Upvote 1

I have a couple of broken bottom headsets that can be repaired.

The one you have. I think as Jon Kroge mentioned on Fb is from an Indian gP.

You have a headset off an   SIL FR sunny (indian cento)  it probably came into the USA or Canada on a batch of lambretta GPs destined originally for turkey.

they were ordered with a round headlight not the usual GP light

The top is the same as an itallian SX/TV/LIS except for 2 issues

1) 2 holes for warning lights

2) the wings on the top are thicker to fit with thick indian throttle and gear supports    indian lambrettas had thicker handle bars

and your has been squashed

these fat wing tops can be made "italian"  by grinding/filing them to the correct thickness, i.e removing the hump up to the end of the wings

the base is configured with lots of mountings for a light that is unique to the headset.    

yours has been cut  at the front for an italian rim

you might get it to work

believe the base works on a chrome ring frame

Dave

Apologies  didn't realise this was so Old   amazing what google digs up and your "comment now register later" prompted me to... :)

making a sunny/sx headset GP top fit an italian/spanish bottom

Blue is indian top with fat ends to wings,   white is italian top,  Light green is another indian top  with 1 side filed down and the other not yet filed down.

IMG_3987.JPG

IMG_3988 small.jpg

IMG_3989 small.jpg