Sign in to follow this  
gone

To all of you still riding on Serveta crankshafts

Holy shit! I figured out how to post video!!!!!

Check it out:
 See the pictograms in the upper left corner of the past editor window? There are three pictograms - a light switch, an eraser (remove format) and a square thing (special BBE Code).

1. Go to wherever you host your videos, Flickr, Vimeo, whatever.

2. Go to the "Share" button and click it. You'll get "Link" or "Embed." Select all the text that is the embed code. 

3. Go back to the forum editor and click on the "Special BBE Code."

4. Select the type of code as "Media."

5. Paste the embed text into the field listed as "Media URL."

6. Done!!!

• Upvote 1

Def the weak link in the Serveta motor. Those crankshafts are known for breaking just like that. Even on stock motors.

the plus side is the flywheel does not look too damaged. I'd still get it balanced and maybe take off some of the extra weight.

That is an SIL electronic flywheel for short-taper cranks. Yeah, Bryan is super lucky. I think when the engine was refurbished they re-used the Serveta crankshaft and upgraded to SIL electronic.

JP (Burgandy Topz) is the one who made this decision. JAYPEE!!!

My bet is it's the Russian bearings used in the big end that causes the problem. That combined with a very heavy stock flywheel.

No telling how long the crank they used had been running on a heavy flywheel. Have heard Servetas with very very low miles sound like they are going to blow the big end.

• Upvote 1

I don't know, have had bearings completely disentergrate and had no damage to the crankshaft. Those cranks look like a forgeing issue. If I had the time/money I'd take it and an Italian one to a metal lab and see about having them hardness tested.

You just said it yourself Mike." Bearings disengtegrating with no damage to the crank". To me, that shows that the cranks are tough as nails. Russian bearings, not so much. You run a bad bearing that is getting hot around a wrist pin for thousands and thousands and thousands of times and something will give. As the bad bearing gets hot, the rollers are going to grow and start acting like a pipe cutter on the pin.

The Spanish do good hubs and frames. The endplates look like shiite but do their job. Machining and bearings seem to be their downfall.

The man that was famous for saying 'FUCK THE RUSS…:

.The Spanish do good hubs and frames. The endplates look like shiite but do their job. Machining and bearings seem to be their downfall.

Dont forget the electrics! Stator and Flywheel great quality - wiring loom and rectifier... not so much...