TV 175   37,794 made

TV200     14,982 made

SX200     20,783 made

DL200     9350  made

DL200E   3-500 made  estimated.

TV 175 great scooter in original condition, as far as rarity goes 

I think the GP or DL 200 electronic to be the grail of Lambretta

scooters. Glad this TV 175 went to someone who was willing to

own it all costs . Happy for the seller to make $$ on this classic marque.

As for me I would much rather own this ....original paint 2K miles :-)

SX2_zps756f19d9.jpg

• Upvote 1

TV 175   37,794 made

TV200     14,982 made

SX200     20,783 made

DL200     9350  made

DL200E   3-500 made  estimated.

Hahaha! You posted this as a joke, right? 

Its very basic knowledge and very widely known that these numbers are as accurate as a Lambretta speedo. Surely you're not serious posting these figures?!?! There are a number of very well documented cases of Lambrettas way above the so called 'official' production figures, from TV1s to 200Es.  

People much more knowledgeable than myself on GP/dl production figures (Adam W. and Preston) have put the 200E estimate around 1000, and I'm led to believe, it could possibly be as high as 1500! Dean/RLC's 'Saxelby' electronic is the last known surviving example and a 'couple hundred' over (or so he told me when I was last there) and there are several other documented examples of GP/dl that are substantially over the 'official' production figures. Don't even start me on other models.  

So is it 1000 or 1500?

No one knows the exact number, but it's not 300.The two most knowledge native English speakers on the topic (Adam W and Preston) estimate around 1000, but say it could be as high as 1500. 

Why is everyone off by 500. Even if they made 5000, still the most rare!

Official production numbers peg the DL200e around 1000 units. Are there outliers, sure. Did stuff go undocumented towards the end of production runs, probably. Is this all very Italian, yes. Is it worth the time to argue about it, no.

• Upvote 1

More wine more wine...Said the Italians on the production line,there going to close this place down anyway.

I'm sure  the numbers are a bit wonky. Matters a lot to true collectors I guess.

I say lets get out there and ride these gems before they tell us we can't anymore.

• Upvote 3

Less than 10k riversides.

I kid I kid.

You're probably close actually. Frame numbers between 066*** to 075*** is what I've found so far.

And to stay on topic, a bike is "worth" what ever someone will pay for it. I may not agree with what that TV sold for but then I'm not the one buying it. 

You're probably close actually.

I know right!

So that puts our humble little blue Rivies in the same league as dl200's........haha

• Upvote 1

Just like MR G said buy them and ride them!!!!!! Theres nothing like running my 200DL down the road I would give 7K plus for it every day ! I would give more than that for that SX ( Very nice Mr G ) its all in the eye of the beholder. I just hope the new owner does not restore that machine that shold be the real topic . Its not about the money its about the hobby ENJOY THEM - RIDE THEM  :)

• Upvote 1

Just like MR G said buy them and ride them!!!!!! Theres nothing like running my 200DL down the road I would give 7K plus for it every day ! I would give more than that for that SX ( Very nice Mr G ) its all in the eye of the beholder. I just hope the new owner does not restore that machine that shold be the real topic . Its not about the money its about the hobby ENJOY THEM - RIDE THEM  :)

What's wrong with restoring and riding?!?  Admittedly my 'restoration' was due to getting hit by a car, but I run the bike too!  The only down side is I do get a little OCD on scratches, but, I do ride it.

That bike brought so much money, because (1) it's a super low mileage bike, (2) because it's all factory original paint, (3) because metallic blue is arguably the most desirable factory color, and (4) because it's a TV.

By restoring that bike, in the sense of painting it, one of the factors that contributed to the high price is eliminated. A rare original bike becomes one of many restored ones. The virgin becomes a whore that's been around the block. That's why.

I'd be utterly surprised if the new owner, who paid dearly for the privilege to own such a super low mileage survivor, would p*ss it all away by restoring the bike. I'd expect him to recommission it mechanically, but otherwise enjoy the bike the way it survived for half a century without molestation.

If its your scoot, you can do what ever you want with it!!!! Restore, leave OG, paint it pink, give it away, sell it for top dollar, what ever... Its your scoot.

• Upvote 1

paint it pink... sell it for top dollar

This gives me an idea for my TV....in exactly that order. 

Like a bunch of hens clucking in the hen house around here...

And now I know why I don't bother with this forum anymore ............... hows the build going Mr D ?

Mr G, just curious what about this topic grabbed your attention? I'm on here every once and a while, but this just really hit a nerve for me. Just curious?

If its your scoot, you can do what ever you want with it!!!! Restore, leave OG, paint it pink, give it away, sell it for top dollar, what ever... Its your scoot.

So . . . in your opinion . . . if a guy like Bill Gates buys all of the Picassos in the world, and we all know he can easily afford it, and then decides to paint his personal pop art over them, that would be okay, 'cause they are his?

If so, I disagree. I think with ownership comes responsibility.