Jump to content
Lambrettayeroc

2014 Jammy Meeting Attendance.

Recommended Posts

One thing I would like to ask of all paid in full Members...
Why were there so few of you at the meeting on Saturday afternoon?

Important things were discussed, get decided, can be brought to light.

The LCUSA gives back what we as a group put into it.
Just my 2 cents.

Note: This has been posted in members only section.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn't afford the airfare. JK!

 

 

 

I'm curious about the turnout as well.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Understood about the airfare... The hotel was prohibitively expensive as well.
The hotel made more than 20K from us staying there for three days. (And that was at the $150 a night discounted rate.)

I did not fly... I drove 10 hrs, and spent almost $800 USD for the weekend. ($60 on raffle tickets)

The proposal Aaron made in 2013 for Boston was VERY upfront about costs...
I am not complaining about it...
BUT in the future this needs to be considered.

For me to go to Passadena next summer will cost me $700 or $800 USD to fly. I cannot do it. Period.

Anyhow... my point was more this...
Why did paid members that were AT the rally not go to the meeting to support the club?

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Aaron Hecker on FB...
 

Aaron Hecker In hindsight I think I made a mistake planning the meeting at a site away from the hotel. I didn't think we would have room at the hotel. I bet we would have had more people if we would have the meeting back at the hotel. Bad planning on my part. Sorry.
10556270_10152147823227163_2338971043479
Corey Fraser There were loads of people at the pub... I'd say only about 25 at the meeting.
Did anyone take notes or minutes? Since the secretary was chairing the meeting he was not able to take notes.
Should we have had an attendance list?

Next year... Points toward LCUSA support for attending annual meeting. 10!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it was in the program schedule printed.  The ride to Waxy's the restaurant and meeting spot was flush ( not as many as the Friday ride in town) Maybe since it was longer thats why it was less on that ride out? But for the members that were there who left this is a good question... And if we learn anything - is it maybe it needs to happen at the hotel since at some point everyone is there? So people wont stress about getting there - because it easy?  Its the members meeting  - a good way to learn about the club more... Yeah people think "if I dont go it's cool someone else will be there"  - If we all do that then eventually it's empty.  So whats the deal - more convenient, do we need to announce it that morning to remind everyone? make signs? Bigger print in the program? 

 

I know next year we need to remind members to submit thoughts and suggestions early so we can have a direct agenda to cover and then people will know what to expect and then we could get more thought out answers and thoughts - it can go all over the road when people suggest and then it goes into discussions -and we go off topic and rush. So next year we remind early and get that agenda - I think it will flow better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

From Aaron Hecker on FB...

 

Aaron Hecker In hindsight I think I made a mistake planning the meeting at a site away from the hotel. I didn't think we would have room at the hotel. I bet we would have had more people if we would have the meeting back at the hotel. Bad planning on my part. Sorry.
10556270_10152147823227163_2338971043479
Corey Fraser There were loads of people at the pub... I'd say only about 25 at the meeting.

Did anyone take notes or minutes? Since the secretary was chairing the meeting he was not able to take notes.

Should we have had an attendance list?

Next year... Points toward LCUSA support for attending annual meeting. 10!

 

I took notes in response to the questions and suggestions - for a recap..  

 

Aaron it wasn't bad planning- logistics of it was fine- your at a rally - you assume people ride at a rally - why wouldn't they ride to lunch?  I dont think it was too intimidating of a ride - but people drink, or are tired, or on vacation mode..... so perhaps it needs to be "central" and EASY so people will come?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well. I will make a suggestion for Pasadena.

 

All paid in full members that are AT the Jammy need to be put on a phone list.

And when its time for members to get their shit together and BE together the person in charge puts out a group text. Period.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So was pasadena chosen for the next jammy?

That's what I was told. I'm sure you'll be contacted. I was told by someone at the meeting.

 

Get your bossy shoes on and get ready to throw the party of your life.

 

I'm sure your club will be hosting.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Club? you mean the loose association of 2-stroke riders that drink too much beer and can't leave on time, but love canyon riding and crazy east LA roads? sounds good.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phil took the initiative to get a bid in in time. I think we should take him out to dinner in Pasadena and ya'll come up with a game plan.

 

I'll make sure it doesn't get to serious and try to not stand up on the bar and moon everyone.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pasadena was proposed at the meeting. No other site was proposed. I hope other proposals come in so that there is a choice and we can discuss and vote as a club. However, if there are no other proposal made (similar to last year) then one would assume the Pasadena crew would get the nod. Having just organized LJ and having a clear understanding of how much work it takes, I would recommend decisions are made sooner rather than later so the planners of the next LJ can get on with the program.

We ( the Boston planners) would also be willing to provide feedback to the next set or LJ organizers. The Colorado Springs crew offered the same to us in Boston and I was too stupid to take advantage of it. And even though it seems like on the outside that LJ Boston went off without a problem, we made some mistakes in planning and were hanging on by our finger tips several times during the weekend.

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for clarifying this Aaron, I am hearing pasadena everywhere outside of this forum and it made me a little upset that we as a club had not had a vote on this, but Now i see it was only a proposal as it should be at this point! I am really upset i couldn't make it this year with the meeting and all, it is one of the prime reasons I like going to a jammy so that i can meet everyone face to face, but have a say at an actual meeting as well! It was just too much money for me to spend to drive from arizona with scooters and time so close to my anual europe trip to visit me wife and do other scooter activities already planned. I don't see how Kdog can do eurolammy and make it to the jammy so close together every year! my hat goes off to you K!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eric, i know your a busy guy, but would you consider putting a phoenix proposal in? i think its for the best to have a choice for the club to chose from. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i considered it last year, but it is too damn hot in phoenix this time of year. 107 with humidity, NO ONE wants to ride in this!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i considered it last year, but it is too damn hot in phoenix this time of year. 107 with humidity, NO ONE wants to ride in this!

 

Any chance of submitting one with the caveat of having a spring time ride or moving the date?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well thus far only Pasadena, it's the West's turn... anyone else out there in the west? It's usually Mid- August all submissions must be in so we can take a two week poll.  So August 15th for anyone else who is serious then if its more then one proposal we vote via poll

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for clarifying this Aaron, I am hearing pasadena everywhere outside of this forum and it made me a little upset that we as a club had not had a vote on this, but Now i see it was only a proposal as it should be at this point! I am really upset i couldn't make it this year with the meeting and all, it is one of the prime reasons I like going to a jammy so that i can meet everyone face to face, but have a say at an actual meeting as well! It was just too much money for me to spend to drive from arizona with scooters and time so close to my anual europe trip to visit me wife and do other scooter activities already planned. I don't see how Kdog can do eurolammy and make it to the jammy so close together every year! my hat goes off to you K!

 lot's of vacation LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eric, i know your a busy guy, but would you consider putting a phoenix proposal in? i think its for the best to have a choice for the club to chose from. 

 

 

i considered it last year, but it is too damn hot in phoenix this time of year. 107 with humidity, NO ONE wants to ride in this!

 

 

This is the root of the Winter Jammy idea. Still could work. In fact I'll throw this out to the club. If any local club wants to host a Lambretta specific event and would like help with sponsors, promotion etc. Just ask. Most of us here have put together rallies and know what's involved The LCUSA knows what level of event it should be and will be willing to help make that happen. There really is no reason there can't be more regional "mini" Jammys throughout the year. It just takes some effort and planning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eric, we missed you...A LOT!

As far as a proposal goes for Phoenix, I think it's just that...a proposal. Propose the dates you want to use. Pick some good weather dates. I for one would love to have an excuse to leave Boston in the middle of winter, ship my scooter to a warmer climate and ride. I know the club likes to have the LJ sometime in June or July and they would like consistency with the dates but we have to consider that our country is huge and the climates vary widely due to the season so I feel we should be more open minded as a club to move the dates of LJ around to match the proposal put forth by each group.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what I posted.

There is a reason for the deadline. I was on the uderstanding that Pasadena was the decision and that San Fran bowed out. If this decision was not made, then I honestly don't see what the purpose of a deadline, or in fact, the meeting could accomplish. This is at least the main thing that needed to be decided, am I wrong?

This is what I posted on FB:

I specifically remember (from the meeting) that we will:

1.) Do the Awesome Supporter Contest (since I was the previous winner...ahem, ahem);

2.) 2015 LJ & Meeting will be in Pasadena;

3.) Everyone agreed that we are Looking to be a world class club, therefore we need to present ourselves as such as far as professionalism, demeanor, & language. Always keep this in mind because.....;

4.) We now have an anonymous Admin who will pull down any quasi-offensive posts & suspensions will be enforced;

5.) We will further discuss the roles, length of terms, and expectations of our elected officers.;

6.) Issues w/the site, as opposed to social media, as a resource and place to converse & share tech data. Many ideas brought up for site improvement and need to be discussed further;

7.) ALL MEMBERS MUST POST ITEMS FOR SALE ON THE MEMBERS PAGE 1ST FOR ABOUT A WEEK before posting it in the public section.;

8.) People will now be allowed to post comments in the 'for sale' section because there are too many ways around not having people respond. With this rule change - please see #s 3&4 above.

9.) We need to make our club what we see it being in the future. This includes active recruitment, participation in discussions when you can, providing constructive feedback on all issues, etc.

9.) We still need a volunteer for taking over the monthly e-newsletter because Jheadley has carried the torch and needs to step down;

10.) Ms. Lambretta needs to be named, however, please see active recruitment for more female members.

11.) We all agreed Kieran Walsh is awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also from FB:

Rudy Perez: don't think we should have a President, Vice President, etc.

I think we should have 3 regional representatives with equal powers. Maybe east, middle & west. Elected by members in their area for 1 year terms. That representative would be responsible for cordinating LCUSA events in their region. They would each have a vote when it came to national club issues, and a simple 2-1 vote would be needed to implement any changes. This way we can address club issues in a more efficient manner.

I also don't think we need an anonymous moderator.

My Response:

Rudy Perez ,

That issue was brought up but due to our tax-free status, we need to have the elected officials/positions we currently have.

I'm all in favor of adding a Sergeant of Arms who can coordinate the moderating, help enforce proper meeting procedures, and manage any problems arising of financial disputes/failure to pay, handle claims/accusations of maybe a member against another member or shop - such that we don't just have flame fests as we have had in the past.

Also.....(I say in jest)

We also all agreed that Mr. Lambretta needs to attend the Lammy Jammy to present the award, in person, to the next year's Mr. Lambretta.

Then the discussion was asked to be brought to our group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no reason to have mini Jammys. Yes there is a reason not to do it, having more than one national rally per year will fracture the club into regional groups and make us even more insignificant as a national club. Put proposals together and submit the dates you want and lets discuss the merits of each proposal for the specific calendar year.

  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...