Hi Folks, I got back into scootering after a break of over 40years.

Had the chance on this series 3 at just the right time!

lam.jpg

This is basically how I bought it and I have been upgrading/changing bits over the last couple of years.

• Upvote 5

Thanks for the welcome gentlemen.

And yes I am enjoying it immensely.

Having left the scooter scene in the very early 70s, I am amazed at the sophistication of the bits you can get for the Lambretta now and the levels of performance that can be achieved.

I've always worked on my own scooters and am really enjoying "playing" with my new toy, whether it be porting the barrel or fitting one of my many planned upgrades. When someone asks me what I want for my birthday/Christmas there's always something I can get for the Lammy :)

• Upvote 2

You'll probably get another 10 KM p/hr out of it if you take that ridiculously wide WA rego plate off. it's bigger than the leg-shields!

Seriously though, looks nice, do you know what the colours are, especially the dark one?.

Have you thought about a cable to hydraulic conversion for the front brake to take the headset back to original look ? It makes the braking a lot less abrupt too.

Will you be at the national this year with her?

You'll probably get another 10 KM p/hr out of it if you take that ridiculously wide WA rego plate off. it's bigger than the leg-shields!

Seriously though, looks nice, do you know what the colours are, especially the dark one?.

Have you thought about a cable to hydraulic conversion for the front brake to take the headset back to original look ? It makes the braking a lot less abrupt too.

Will you be at the national this year with her?

Afraid Victor Harbour will have to do without me, but PLSC will be sending a big contingent again this year.

The colour is a BMW colour that sparkles nicely in the sun, I'll dig out the info.

As to the brakes, the antidive upgrade I fitted transformed them. Lovely progressive feel now!

Antidive_zps10192736.jpg

The colour is "BMW Sparkling Graphite" and I totally agree about the number plate.

Much prefer it now! ;)

numberplate.jpg

Beautiful bike! Who makes that disk brake setup and where do I buy one?

Hi Rick, it's a ScootRS conversion and by all accounts one of their better products.

Initially it felt very sharp (to sharp really), but this was totally transformed by the antidive upgrade.

It's now a lovely progressive powerful front brake, so definitely go for the antidive version, well worth the extra money.

I changed the tie rod that came with the kit for a couple of rose joints sorced cheaply off ebay. I dont think it makes any difference to the performance of the brake, but I liked the look.

Don't know if you have a local dealer, if not it's www.scootrs.com

Cheers

John

John, lovely bike.  Do you know the Paradise Lost SC blokes?  I met up with them when I was in Perth in '07 (we actually met up at a pub in Freo).  Nice guys.

John, lovely bike. Do you know the Paradise Lost SC blokes? I met up with them when I was in Perth in '07 (we actually met up at a pub in Freo). Nice guys.

I am one of the Paradise Lost blokes ;)

Yes they are a great bunch and Freo is our regular meeting point for a ride out. I hope you had a nice time in WA!

The colour is "BMW Sparkling Graphite" and I totally agree about the number plate.

Much prefer it now! ;)

numberplate.jpg

Damn! that and the anti-dive set-up............Splendid!!  I fitted the same to a friends front end but with the original coupling, those rose joints look fantastic and a hell of a lot less rattly & more efficient than the supplied piece. 

Damn! that and the anti-dive set-up............Splendid!!  I fitted the same to a friends front end but with the original coupling, those rose joints look fantastic and a hell of a lot less rattly & more efficient than the supplied piece. 

Mate, it's a cheap upgrade if you want to do it. These are the bits I used, about 10 quid and fast efficient service:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M8-Female-Rose-Joint-Bronze-Lined-RH-Thread-Rod-End-/160796576064?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M8-x1-25mm-Male-Rod-End-Rose-Joint-Right-Hand-Thread-8mm-BRONZE-LINER-MMSAK8B-/160884700715?

John....I know the two places are not close but do you ever get over to Melbourne and run around with a ole fart named Steve Bardsley?

John....I know the two places are not close but do you ever get over to Melbourne and run around with a ole fart named Steve Bardsley?

Haven't had the pleasure, but my brother-inlaw bought an SX200 off him I believe and he should be in Perth for the LCoA AGM in August.

• Upvote 1

Thanks, I think I'll be ordering very soon for him. Much appreciated.

I am one of the Paradise Lost blokes ;)

Yes they are a great bunch and Freo is our regular meeting point for a ride out. I hope you had a nice time in WA!

Are you in this pic?

2182589765_9879b9d560.jpg

I believe ya'll were about to catch the Special Beat concert that evening.  I remember handing you guys some LCUSA memorabilia.

2183379478_655a699065.jpg

• Upvote 1

^^^Awesome....not a single pair of cargo shorts or parka in the crowd :)

Not in those pics Ming (if it was 2007, that was before i got back in the scene), but I recognise a few ugly faces.

As to the parkas, got to admit there are a few in the club, we're pretty inclusive as long as it's a geared classic scooter and your not a twat. We range from full on modded up SX200s, cut downs, racers, standard, rat even PX V****S :o .

• Upvote 1

As to the parkas, got to admit there are a few in the club

Totally poking fun I swear. We too have many mixed riders. We have pretty much the same mixed-bag-O-nuts as ya'll.

What I do respect more than anything is someone who gets their pig out and ride very often. We don't have too many "stowed in corner of garage until group ride" folks.

As a matter of fact down in Long Beach their are a couple mod fellas with full dressers(lights that cost more than my car)that ride almost everyday.

You got any riders that surf as well Minority?