gone

Anyone know this TV175 seller or info on original seller?

No back history, but that thing is screaming "fish curry" at the top of its voice!

• Upvote 1

I cant say for 100% sure but.......it looks like a bike that was part of a batch at a curio emporium called Foothill 5 Fifty http://www.yelp.com/biz/foothill-5-fifty-Glendora The guys name is Bill and he's a hoarder. Some of the crap he has is nice.

The guy had about 7 lambrettas and all were garbed in some sort of shiny stand, trim, racks, case covers, launching front wheel, (some had yellow bootys) and wonderful stories of Italy.(sarcasm font there)

The guy that owns the place has been pestered infinitum but maybe if you call him to ask if its one of his old bikes than you'll know for sure. If its one of his bikes than run away. Here is a couple of his bikes http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/foothill-5-fifty-glendora?select=qV4_VzNBi7R_lZ7SPPU4kQ#JIPvLXbSpvL77Ibp0SUf9Q

The person selling it was trying to get 5k(?) at one point on clist.

Hope that helps.

Chris just smack the guy and remind him that good scooters come from people, not an internet shopping cart. 

• Upvote 1

You're a good friend to try and steer him clear of this bike. It totally does look to be an Asian resto - even the seller mentions this in the description "Previous owner believed the bikes restoration looked to be a lower end Euro restore or possibly Asian, purists take note"- The seller doesn't appear to be hiding that from anyone willing to read his description. 

load your friend up with bodge articles is all you can really do. Hopefully he'll make the right choice.

. . .  good scooters come from people, not an internet shopping cart. 

That would make a fantastic T-shirt slogan.

That would make a fantastic T-shirt slogan.

I think I might know someone in vietnam who can knock them out cheap, spelling might be a bit off but they will be genuine Italian tee shirts....Promise!

• Upvote 1

This thing is hella Vietnamese - stay away (unless you like expensive boat anchors...)

Seriously, it's not that hard to find a TV175, don't bother with this POS

• Upvote 1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-Lambretta-TV-175-Series-III-3-rare-vintage-Scooter-Innocenti-V3$p@-Italy-/121375130761?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1c42858489&item=121375130761&pt=Scooters_Mopeds

I have a local scooterist going on and on and on and on about this scooter. Anyone have any backstory I can use to smack my guy over the head with?

You know you're going to end up working on it.

People who get that hot over a bike stopped listening to reason well before they started asking questions about it.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, he seems preoccupied with it. I sent him a link to this forum. Hopefully he will hop on.

he has to learn one way or the other

let him buy it

but also tell him that your not going to work on it due its origins 

The clue might be in the sellers name "foolsgold" :lol:

Ha! I saw that!