ScooterRaton

DUDE!!! is in the House!

Not new to vintage scooters but new to Lambretta's.  Today I picked up a 1965(?) TV175.  It wasn't running but I found the tank and petcock all garfed up.  Cleaned the tank, fuel tap and carb and got it started...don't ya just love it when a dead scooter kicks back to life!

I wasn't able to get it to idle but I have a lot to learn.  Thanks for having the forum, and yeah..I signed up for LCUSA.  Any club that would have me has to be a bit weird!   I'll have questions and looking forward to all the fun!

img_3917_68085.jpg

img_3915_16533.jpg

• Upvote 2

Good score raton. I like the old horncast emblem. Did someone bolt mount the mirrors to the leggy?

Someone kinda did the same thing on my jet......

Now you can say your scooter trash with a smile.You going to tampa two stroke rally on a 2 stroke?Heard it best in state!

Now you can say your scooter trash with a smile.You going to tampa two stroke rally on a 2 stroke?Heard it best in state!

Oh I'll be there! SAC rocks!  T2S does a great job and everyone is welcome.  It's great because my wife rides modern (Buddy 125 that I kitted to 161) and has a good time with everyone.

Ir's where I got the name DUDE!!! for my talent show interpretation of Comfort Eagle :D Don't miss it!

Good score raton. I like the old horncast emblem. Did someone bolt mount the mirrors to the leggy?

Someone kinda did the same thing on my jet......

Yeah a couple of holes were drilled which is too bad but these don't come available around here very often.  The paint is not great either but these are things that can be taken care of at a later date.  The important thing is that it is in the stable!  I'll be getting back into it again today and see what kind of progress I can make.  I need to take my time as I am new to these machines.

Welcome! Nice scooter! There are a number of TV owners lurking around ready to answer questions. Cheers,

Thanks Patrick!  I'm enjoying the link in your sig. I feel like a well rounded vintage scooterist now!

I'm trying to figure out the year.  So far the numbers I have found are 175TV3 545660 1GM25150M.  Not sure if it's a 1 in front of the "GM" or from the stamp...looks like it's from the stamp.  I tried scooterhelp's data base but came up dry.  I was told it's a 65, it's registered as a 74 but I don't think so :D

Its not a '1'

Its an 'I'. IGM

The 2515 is correct

Thanks Patrick!  I'm enjoying the link in your sig. I feel like a well rounded vintage scooterist now!

I'm trying to figure out the year.  So far the numbers I have found are 175TV3 545660 1GM25150M.  Not sure if it's a 1 in front of the "GM" or from the stamp...looks like it's from the stamp.  I tried scooterhelp's data base but came up dry.  I was told it's a 65, it's registered as a 74 but I don't think so :D

http://www.britishlambrettaarchive.co.uk/frame-numbers-pt-2.html

IGM numbers have to do with import stuff. Not used when regrestering.

Just a quick update,  I pulled the installed replacement tank which had been coated. The coating was falling apart and fouling everything downstream.  I had the original tank also and derusted it, installed the original tank with new buffer blocks, 90 degree fast flow tap, and rebuilt the carb.   It's still tough to start but I did get to take it for a ride.   What a fun scooter!  More to do, have either an air leak or a sticky throttle cable, shifter is stiff etc, need to check head bolt torque etc, but it was a blast to take it around the neighborhood!

I'll be seeing you in the tech section!

If anyone is interested here is the present "inventory"

65 Lambretta TV 175 S3

64 V3$p@ GL project.  full hydraulic front disc conversion completed, all apart for paint, will be installing a 79 P200 with pinasco , worb5 long stroke (225 cc) along   with a ton of other stuff, estimated 20-24 hp, breaking in in the 67 GT rat

67 V3$p@ GT  rat   83 P125 with heavily ported Malossi 166, P200 gearing, Mazzy crank etc...motor out for rebuild following CBR 2012

64 V3$p@ GS MKII original survivor

68 V3$p@ SS 180 concourse restoration

64 V3$p@ VBB

06 Buddy 125 kitted to 161, opened air box, upgraded carb, variator and NCY pipe, pretty much my wife's scooter but yeah...it's fun!

2011 Genuine Blur 220i  this scooter was too good a deal to pass, had wrong belt and rollers installed, it is a blast to ride

2013 BMW C650GT - replaced an 07 Burgman Ex that was falling apart (bearings) at 37K miles, my commuter bike

If anyone is interested here is the present "inventory"

65 Lambretta TV 175 S3

64 V3$p@ GL project.  full hydraulic front disc conversion completed, all apart for paint, will be installing a 79 P200 with pinasco , worb5 long stroke (225 cc) along   with a ton of other stuff, estimated 20-24 hp, breaking in in the 67 GT rat

67 V3$p@ GT  rat   83 P125 with heavily ported Malossi 166, P200 gearing, Mazzy crank etc...motor out for rebuild following CBR 2012

64 V3$p@ GS MKII original survivor

68 V3$p@ SS 180 concourse restoration

64 V3$p@ VBB

06 Buddy 125 kitted to 161, opened air box, upgraded carb, variator and NCY pipe, pretty much my wife's scooter but yeah...it's fun!

2011 Genuine Blur 220i  this scooter was too good a deal to pass, had wrong belt and rollers installed, it is a blast to ride

2013 BMW C650GT - replaced an 07 Burgman Ex that was falling apart (bearings) at 37K miles, my commuter bike

Hey Scooter Raton,

Are you in Boca?  If so, let me know.  I'm down in Pompano for the forseable future and wouldn't mind someone to ride with.  I'll ride with the V3sp@ but not with the TNGs though.

Take Care,

Erik

• Upvote 1

you need a few more Lambrettas and one less V3$p@

unless it is a small frame of course

;)  ;)

• Upvote 1

I think this scooterraton dude is a baller veteran..........................as in cannonballer. Not sure which year. Maybe Mr Moi or Starr can tell us.

Nice find. I have a 64 TV175 myself. Still working out the bugs. Been in pieces more than running but it is getting there. If you are running the original carb you will find it a source of frustration. A modern carb is my first upgrade I am working on.

By chance are you going to AmeriV3$p@ this year in NO? I plan to take the Lammy to this one.

I think this scooterraton dude is a baller veteran..........................as in cannonballer. Not sure which year. Maybe Mr Moi or Starr can tell us.

I ran 2012...vintage of course!

• Upvote 2