Lambrettayeroc

Series 1,2,3 Cable Routing Images

SPEEDO: This can be a right pain as it goes down the center of the forks and out the hole at the bottom. Tip here is to take the speedo inner out, turn it upside down and from the bottom feed the inner all the way up through the small hole in the forks. Now take the speedo outer and thread it over the inner, the inner cable then acts as a guide to get the outer through the small hole. Then take inner back out and fit it the correct way.

FRONT BRAKE CABLE: This comes from the lever, then loop it over so as you look at the front of the scoot it comes down the right hand side of the handle bars and horn casting. It then switches sides on the top of the forks.
GEAR CABLES: The two gear cables go down the right as you look at the front of the scoot. They then swap over to the left under the horn and go to the engine on the left.
THROTTLE CABLE: This goes down the left as you look at the front of the scoot, and swaps to the right over the bottom part of the frame.
CLUTCH CABLE: Swaps over to the other side in the headset and continues all the way down on the left (looking from the front)

NOTE: All images and information blatantly stolen from The Rimini Lambretta Centre

Thanks to Rimini Lambretta Centre for this Image.
I have changed it up a bit to make it easier to see, but they did all the hard work.

10153769_10152297432188901_2113868219_n.

10173643_10152297432238901_224559156_n.j

• Upvote 7

Lambrettayeroc, those are XLNT diagrams! 

Do you have similar ones for Series 2? 

If not, could you describe the differences in a few words?

My TV2 was a semi-basket-case and all I've had to go on are the photos in the "Sticky" manual. 

• Upvote 1

Ser 2 would be similar on the frame... HOWEVER I do have the headset routing diagram for Ser 2. that is different from Ser 3.

Here it is.

LambrettaHBcables_zpse4017761.jpg

• Upvote 2

VERY helpful.  Thank you!

In the second diagram, it looks like a page with "scooter-center.com" on it is covering up part of the page (in the scanner?) 

• Upvote 1

Yes I stumbled on this photos on-line somewhere but cannot find the images on the Scooter Centre site. (I have been looking for about a 1/2 hr now)

There are more...

I will post them too.

I have to credit Rimini Lambretta Centre for the beige one up top... (They have that diagram but in blue... I changed it to be able to see a bit better.)

My favorite cable modification - add a tie strap under the speedo cable nut to keep it from falling down the fork tube when the rubber o ring quits doing its job.

What about wiring in the headset? The BGM doesn't look right to me...

• Upvote 2

This should be a sticky thread. And change the title to include all series. I especially like the series 1 pic. Very helpful and thanks for posting!

I was able to edit the title but I can no longer PIN posts.

Admin will have to do that. I'm glad you like the post. :)

I'll add this to the Handy Links thread.

• Upvote 2

REGARDING THE SET UP OF GEAR CABLES.

here is an easy way to remember what goes where.

"BACK TO FRONT" and "FRONT TO BACK" 

The position at the back of the pulley in the headset (Closer to rear end of scooter) goes to the position that is closer to YOUR front on the gear selector,when you kneel beside the scooter.

It's the opposite (Front of pulley goes to back of gear selector) for the other cable.

• Upvote 2

REGARDING THE SET UP OF GEAR CABLES.

here is an easy way to remember what goes where.

"BACK TO FRONT" and "FRONT TO BACK"

The position at the back of the pulley in the headset (Closer to rear end of scooter) goes to the position that is closer to YOUR front on the gear selector,when you kneel beside the scooter.

It's the opposite (Front of pulley goes to back of gear selector) for the other cable.

10012914_10152320420733901_1584807875336

That's my scooter in this "Scooter Fix" pic! I guess anything found on the web is fair game, but it would have been nice to give permission since this crosses the line from friendly advice to bring used to promote a business. Shakes fist.

That's my scooter in this "Scooter Fix" pic! I guess anything found on the web is fair game, but it would have been nice to give permission since this crosses the line from friendly advice to bring used to promote a business. Shakes fist.

I simply cannot believe this...

Try to help a brother out and I get this and a few other messages on my facebook page.

Geeze!

I will make another image and change it out once I have it finished.

Holy canoli!

gtgbt.png

Awesome that you keep removing my responses. Making me look like bad guy here. Real classy. Didn't know LCUSA was pro censorship.

Awesome that you keep removing my responses. Making me look like bad guy here. Real classy. Didn't know LCUSA was pro censorship.

What got removed? I didn't see any thing on the deleted side. I'll delete double postings, threating, racist and instigating comments. After that you all are on your own.

Patrick- if you don't want a photo of your bike on Corey's page, just ask him to take it down. As a general rule, unless there is $ to be made any photo is open game on the Internet (the polite thing is to give credit to the photographer though).

I googled it... I had no idea it was even his photo. It came up in Google images and I used it to help with the tech questions.

I CREATED a NEW image in fact with adding the info to it.

I did not delete any messages from the LCUSA.... I am not a moderator any more.

I have removed the photo from my facebook page and from here too.

PLEASE CALL IT DONE!

HOLY SNITCHZELS!

I will NOT respond any further to this.

Can we post the PMs you got in the 'take it outside' section so Rudy can review them for further ridicule?? :D

• Upvote 1

My apologies, I didn't realize that there are two similarly named threads going on this topic, hence my confusion. In any case, I completely agree, anything on the internet is fair game, and I never requested that the image be removed. If this was just to show reference (which I understand it is), that would be one thing, but adding a logo & contact info is another. How am I supposed to know if Scooter Fix is a business or not? At this point, I know that I am coming off as a big jerk and I don't mean to be, so I am sorry.

As with most things in life, a phone call, email or F2F is all it takes to get a resolution. I'm all for giving credit where credit id due, weather its work or intellectual property. In this case a random photo was pulled and used to answer a question, no harm there, but in adding the logo it implied ownership with out giving credit to the photographer.

Thank you Patrick for bringing this up and thank you Corey for making it right.  

So where should this lever that holds the shift linkage and trunnels be positioned when first starting the cable fitting process? Thnx.

Lambo Shifter Cable Lever.jpg